This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed signals....network manager/pppoeconf

Hi, I'm new to Linux but learning everyday. I dual booted Kubuntu 7.04 on a Vista loaded machine. Everything went fine, rebooted into Kubuntu once install was complete. I logged in and tried to get on the internet through Konqueror and got nothing. I did some more research on this and checked to see if pppoeconf was installed from the terminal. I also tried apt-get to download it and install but realized that I had no open internet to download from. Upon request the terminal yielded; pppoeconf install ok. When asked if I wanted to manually setup my network settings through modconf I select yes and nothing happened. The terminal returned this behind the selection screen:

/usr/sbin/pppoeconf : 468: modconf : not found

I went to network settings and there is no network interface recognized on the system to even select one. Through a couple more attempts the system says that there is no ethernet card to be found. However, my Vista OS works perfectly. I have a wired DSL connection
    I have an: AT&T 2wire 2701 HG-B router
    Intel G33 mATX motherboard
    Intel Gigabit 82566DC-2 Ethernet network adapter

I read about problems with a PPPoE network card which is apparently what I have. I know through scouring these forums prior to this that this is a consistently posted problem, I haven't found a thread which addressed particular issues like these. So, I am reluctantly posting this and would appreciate some help or a point in the right direction. Thanks
Working...
X