This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KnetworkManager and WPA

I want to get WPA running on my laptop and I hear/see that KnetworkManager supports this but I don't see it it as an option (just WEP)

I have compac v2000z with a broad com card and NDISWRAPPER (see below for lscpi)
    05:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

Could it be that NDIS wrapper isn't allowing for WPA or am I missing something (wap_suppliment is installed)

Re: KnetworkManager and WPA

When you open Knetworkmanager, open Connect TO Other Wireless Network. There will be a drop down menu of options for network types. There is an issue of Knetworkmanager connecting to Kwalletmanager so if you try to connect to a WPA you will timeout at 28%. TO get around this, remove kwalletmanger.

Comment

Originally posted by frizguru
      When you open Knetworkmanager, open Connect TO Other Wireless Network. There will be a drop down menu of options for network types.
      I don't see any Connect to Other Wireless Network option. To confuse matters further, you can't bring up the Knetworkmanager screen directly by calling the program; you have to click on it within some menu or other.

Comment

KNetworkmanager auto deserves a look. This poster may be on to something!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X