Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to download network fixes, with no network?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to download network fixes, with no network?

Okay, I've installed Kubuntu Feisty on a computer, and can't get networking to, well, work. And I've been looking around on the forums, and all the suggestions I see involve using the terminal to 'get' various things from over the network. ...If I can't get network access in the first place, how do I go about doing this? I can get on the internet on a windows machine, and have a a jumpdrive of 1 gig to move files with, but I have no idea where to find these files. I am mildy familiar with networking in Kubuntu 6.06 but it'd probably be best to assume I'm a complete and utter newb to Kubuntu. And I'm hoping something like this will work http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3083879.0
    basically, it's not recognizing the built in network port of the mother board, nor a D-link network card I had lying around.

Re: How to download network fixes, with no network?

packages.ubuntu.com is a place where you can download manually the .deb files that apt-get installs.

HOWEVER:

apt-get also works out the extra packages the one you want might also need (called dependencies)... so it might take you a few trips.

<EDIT: Corrected the address>

Comment

Re: How to download network fixes, with no network?

Alright, I've got a slightly more knowledgeable friend poking me in the right direction now, by the way, for anyone else who reads this thread, it's packages.ubuntu.com instead of .org Though, I'm currently dropping back and trying Dapper Drake, in order to take advantage of the longer period of knowledge built up regarding it.

Comment

Working...
      X