Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Airport Extreme (g) configuration?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Airport Extreme (g) configuration?

Due to the weird layout of the house, it being a rental, and my mother's boyfriend being a serious mac cultist, our network is set up with two Airport Extreme base stations talking to each other wirelessly, and hooked to both my Kubuntu box and his iMac via ethernet cable. His base station is the one connected to the DSL modem.

All the configuration wants to be done through the program on his computer, but when something needs to be done to the security settings, it wants us to physically plug my airport into his computer to configure it. This is frustrating, to say the least, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there's anything that will let me control the Airport Extreme base station from my computer. Also, I don't have access to the other computer unless I ask first and explain why I want to use it. If it's anything involving the airports or troubleshooting, the mother's boyfriend wants to either man the mouse and keyboard, or wants to watch/be involved in the process. I have a difficult time trouble shooting anything this way.

I tried installing airport-utils (version 1-3), but either it only want to work communicating with an airport wifi card, or I'm failing to understand the program. Either way, I haven't had any success, and I was hoping to get some advice. The primary things I'm worried about is configuring WPA settings, and possibly getting a log of network traffic, basically if/when any wireless devices connect with either my base station or the other one.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have for me.
Working...
X