This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atheros onboard wifi

New laptop does not show the atheros wifi card at all. When I put in a pcmcia card it is detected automatically. Can anyone help? Tried ndiswrapper and no luck with the atheros card. It worked fine for my linksys.

Re: Atheros onboard wifi

pointers would be very welcome here too!!!

on this stupid acer laptop i must configure, lspci tells me i have an "atheros unknown".
    the acer web site doesn't even list the laptop, despite it being brand new.
    the sticker on the thing says: acer extensa 5200 (another sticker says: 5203WLMi)

stock drivers won't work.
    ndiswrapper with windoze drivers (yak!) won't work (ndisgtk says: no hardware!).
    anyone knows what's the bloody card in this crap?

meanwhile i'll try downloading the latest madwifi sources and compile it from scratch...

cheers
    gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Hey jankuska,

If you've had any luck with the driver, please do let me know! I just got myself an extensa 5513WLMi

Thanks
      Sean

Comment

no luck, sorry... >
        tried everything i could think of.
        hopefully, with linux becoming more and more popular, support for these devs will improve.
        should you have any news, pls, post them.
        gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Nothing has worked yet for me - currently using a netgear pcmcia card to use wireless.

Comment

follow the ndiswrapper docs and always use the suggested driver. I have used it on all wifi cards and all worked the atheros on my acer the netgear on the office computer -- tones more never had on that didn't work.

read the steps and it will work
            if it doesn't my guess is another driver is being loaded in it's sted.

try lsmod | less

good luck

Comment

Hello,

On my packard bell, I got the atheros wifi card recognized by putting "acpi=force" option to kernel. This has a secondary effect: it disables usb ports! Help needed to solve this problem, please!

Comment

Working...
              X