X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi not connecting

Hi there,

I just finished installing Feisty on a brand new HP nx 7400. As always, a few teething problems ...

The ipw3945 driver is installed and recognised (through lsmod). Through KnetworkManager I could even detect local wifi networks for a while and connect without problem.

I rebooted the machine, and now KnetworkManager won't even bring up the wireless stuff ...

Any idea?

Re: Wifi not connecting

I'm having the exact same problem. Sadly, no resolution yet.

Comment

Try removing Network Manager using APT and then configure the interface using iwconfig etc. The addition of Network manager was new after Dapper, all my net stuff works fine under Dapper but not subsequently, the same is true of Suse all my stuff worked fine until I used a version that had Network Manger installed. I believe Networkmanager is broke st least for many Wireless cards.

tonyd

Comment

I wouldn't remove NM yet. Go to a command prompt (K->System->Terminal) and enter the following two commands and post the output

ifconfig

iwconfig

I have some occasional wackiness with my wifi adapter. I use iwconfig to set the essid, channel, etc. Then do an ifdown and ifup on the interface and that generally takes care of it.

Comment

another thing to try is removing kwalletmanager. It has issues connecting with knetowkrmanager if you are using an encrypted network.

Comment

Working...
          X