This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smb4k showing different IP addres

I cant get access to my local machine with Smb4k as the IP address for it within the app is different to that from konsole window and ifconfig.

The initial problem was that I could create a folder, share it, and see it within Remote Places>Samba shares>Home network>Local machine. But when you click on the folder it says the file does not exist.

The router is set to ip address to MAC binding, which is what ifconfig shows (192.168.1.12).
    But Smb4k shows it as 192.168.1.15. This machine did have that IP address previously when I was using DHCP and there was a couple more PC's on the network, but now there is just the three.

Re: Smb4k showing different IP addres

Just tried forcing the ip address to be the same as what Smb4k thinks it is, and now it can see the shared folders, but soon as you click on them you get this error

5520: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share name)
    SMB connection failed

or

5490: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share name)
    SMB connection failed

or

520: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share name)
    SMB connection failed

So how do I get Smb4k to recognise a change in IP address, and why are these shared folder not being seen.

Comment

Even after un install of Smb4k, a power off/on and re install, Smb4k still refuses to see the correct (192.168.1.12) IP address. It is still picking up the .15 address, not the .12 as from ifconfig

Comment

Try using smbclient instead of nmblookup to do network searches. Settings>Configure>Smb4k>Network. See if that fixes it.

Comment

No, Smb4k still see the local machine as having 192.168.1.15,

Think I might try a complete re install of Kubuntu, seems to be the only way to get Kubuntu to do anything once it starts to go wrong

Comment

Working...
          X