X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

associating wep key

hi

I finally installed fiesty ( had to delete edgy, the upgrade did not work at all !).
    And to my surprise, the wireless worked out of the box!!!!!!!!!

But this is what I want to do, everytime I restart, i need to reenter the wep encryption key.

Something called kdewallet used to popup but that used to hang the OS, I had to do a hard reboot, so I have disabled it.
    Is there any way to associate a wep key with a connection forever without using the kde wallet.
    This is a shared computer so asking everyone to enter the wep key everytime they login is not an option.

Chimanrao

Re: associating wep key

You can put your WEP settings in via start/system settings/network settings. Enter administrator mode and select configure interface. Ensure you elect to activate when system starts.

Select apply and you should then connect.

If, on the next boot, you don't get a connection, uninstall knetworkmanager which I have ound causes my system to forget the connection settings. You can also configure kwifimanager to run at start which will cause a visble connection icon to appear in the taskbar.

Hope this helps

Ian

Comment

hi

I tried your steps but... I keep getting this error

"Default gateway IP address is invalid"

dont know what this means, KNetworkManager is working fine with specifying this information.

Regards
      Chimanrao

Comment

That is precisely the error I got until I uninstalled knetworkmanager. Have you removed it?

Ian

Comment

I removed knetworkmanager and still get this error.

Comment

Originally posted by chimanrao
            hi

I tried your steps but... I keep getting this error

"Default gateway IP address is invalid"

dont know what this means, KNetworkManager is working fine with specifying this information.
            go back to system settings->networksettings log into admin mode then click on the routes tab and enter your gateway, or just remove the zeros and leave it blank.

Comment

Working...
            X