X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Wireless Network

Hello everyone ....

i am new to kubuntu. this morning i installed kubuntu 7.1 on my laptop... i am happy because all my hardware devices have been detected and installed . one little problem pisses me off .. I am using a linksys wpc54gs pcmcia wireless card. this thing has detected by the installation. i can see that on KNetworkManager but this device is disabled. when i click the enable button a message comes up saying "the default gateway ip address is not valid" and card goes to disabled state..

is there any way i can enable this device... any help appreciated

Thank you..

Re: Enabling Wireless Network

hi...

try researching the internet for ndiswrapper.... it is a tool to make your wireless active using windows driver..

Comment

Try uninstalling knetworkmanager.

Then from within system settings enter administrator mode to enable the card . Then configure the card by typing in your IP address and security settings etc.

Any joy?

Ian

Comment

I had this problem this morning:

- Go into your KDE control module by clicking the inco on the botton right of your screen
        - You will be in the Tab where you can see your Available Network Interfaces -> look to see if the Wireless Network Device is enabled
        - Go to the Tab called Domain Name System Routes
        - Put the IP address of your router -> usually 192.168.1.1 sometimes 192.168.0.1 and select eth1 if eth1 is your Wireless Network Device.
        - Apply

That should do it.

Comment

@Xeor:
          What if your not using a router but roaming hotspots like hotels, etc.?
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
          X