This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPA wireless with kubuntu?

I have loaded both ubuntu and kubuntu 7.04 on my HP nc6400. ubuntu has an easy way of configuring the Pro wireless 3945ABG card with WPA. I can't seem to find out how to do it with kubuntu?

Jim a

Re: WPA wireless with kubuntu?

Don't know if the networkmanager icon in the task bar wouldn't solve your trouble, anyway, why you're not installing kubuntu-desktop over your ubuntu installation, so you can choose at login time what session to use with the user.

Comment

Re: WPA wireless with kubuntu?

With the Kubuntu 7.04 x86 desktop version, I've not had to run network manager with either the wireless on my Asus Motherboard (Realtek 8187) or in my laptop (Broadcom 43xx).

The only thing I've found that I had to do was to go in and manually setup the /etc/network/interfaces file to deal with my WPA on 802.11g, and to blacklist the default system drivers (which I'm not sure is necessary anymore anyways...had to do it in the Betas I had).

Good luck with it. It works fine for me on 2 systems now, and I will be updating #3 and #4 within a month...and then be almost totally Kubuntu-ed.

Comment

Working...
      X