X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the wireless assistant? <solved>

Hi, total noob here!

I installed kubuntu for the first time. All went very smooth.

I clicked on the network icon and I could see all the wireless networks. Manually set up a connection to my network and it worked but I could not ping any machine on the network. I played around with the wireless cards network interface but no joy. I eventually did a reboot.

After this I cannot find any wireless networks. When I click on the network icon I only have the option for Manual Configuration. How can I set up my wireless connection? I don't see an option anywhere for wireless.

Thanks!

Re: Where is the wireless assistant?

take a look here...
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081904.0

Feisty's brand new. Perfection will come later...

Comment

Re: Where is the wireless assistant?

You need the package wlassistant which is in the repositories.

When you run it the first time you will get a wizard. You can enter your info there.

You can also if you wish configure your wireless in system settings/network. The advantage of this is that you can configure it to start at boot without needing to enter your password.

Ian

Comment

Re: Where is the wireless assistant? &lt;solved&gt;

So I finally got this working

When I would log in my wireless network would not connect and I could not find an option anywhere to connect.
        From the knetworkmanager options in the tray, I selected the option to go offline and then reselected to go back online. I was then presented with an option for using KWallet and I select to use it always. Password prompt came up and once I entered the password the wireless reactivated. Now every time I boot up I am presented with the KWallet password prompt and it connects! Simple in the end but drove me mad for a good few days >

Comment

Working...
        X