This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect with static ip

Hi, i read a few topics but i don't find this problem exactly. If i put a static values (knetworkmanager->static...) after reboot, the wireless don't show eny essid and show connected by wire but this don't is connected.

I have a ipw2200 ubuntu feisty up to date (17/04/2007 06:09am).

Thx and good work for kubuntu developers.

Re: Can't connect with static ip

Quite the same problem with a wireless card... I need to have static id but after having configured manually everything, when i try to connect it stops cause can't get id (or something similar, ballon is not very precise about the error). I didn't had this problem with Kubuntu 6.10... Does anyone have some idea?

Thanks

Comment

Some ideas, no.
      Same problem, yes.

There's no answer in every forum i went (french and english). Keep on beeing aware...

Comment

I, i remove the bugged networkmanager and i install the new wlanassistant (yes, the old wifi manager) but now, have wpa1/2 hide ssid etc STATIC ip etc...

A little guide:
        Download the source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wlassistant/

Extract in folder, now install some deb via adept apt etc...
        apt-get install kde-devel libiw-dev build-essential (this command is for console).
        now enter in wlassistant directory and:
        ./configure
        make
        make install

Now, you have a wlanssistant, a good wlan manager with wpa1/2 static ip etc etc.

Good luck.

Comment

yep
          I already saw this solution. But i don't like the idea of loosing some protection. It's not a question of beeing paranoid, but it's just one of the linux concepts: security.
          I think i will keep my cable pluged until a new package of networkmanager arrives.

Comment

Working...
          X