Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In kde desktop doesn't works in internet kde apps as konqueror but gnome does.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In kde desktop doesn't works in internet kde apps as konqueror but gnome does.

Hallo.

Maybe there is someone that can help me. I have the kubuntu desktop 7.04 installed. A week ago, more or less, after an update with synaptic I was unable to connect to internet with kde software. It doesn't works konqueror nor kmail nor kopete..., but with this kubuntu desktop I can connect to internet with Firefox, evolution, synaptic etc.

Well, I installed Ubuntu desktop. Here works everything. I can work with Konqueror, kopete, kmail and every piece of Gnome software. The problem is that kde apps as konqueror & Co. doesn't works in internet in the Kubuntu desktop. This mean that the net works but something in the kubuntu desktop is going wrong. There is someone who can say to me what to do?

Re: In kde desktop doesn't works in internet kde apps as konqueror but gnome doe

I seem to have the same problem. The network is up, however some KDE apps don't seem to have access to it. I can send emails with Kmail, but not receive, without any error messages at all. Konqueror can't connect either, and yet all non-KDE apps work ok.

I've got a wireless connection that for some reason isn't detected by KNetworkManager (maybe because I'm using WPA?), and so it therefore believes there is no network. Actually it doesn't detect the wireless device (was eth1 but I changed it to wlan0) at all since mid-Edgy. Try shutting KNetworkManager off, it worked for me.

Comment

Re: In kde desktop doesn't works in internet kde apps as konqueror but gnome does.

I have the same problem. kde internet programs work when my laptop is plugged into the router, but don't with wireless. I've tried with networkmanager turned on and off, but still doesn't find the web with kde apps. Firefox works OK with both. Any ideas where to look?

Comment

Re: In kde desktop doesn't works in internet kde apps as konqueror but gnome doe

Me tooo. Here all the kde internet apps can't access internet. Only firefox. I use a normal 3g connection to net and disabled wireless/wired devices. What's wrong

Solution:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...ger/+bug/86680

Quit knetworkmanager.

Comment

Working...
        X