This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feisty Herd 2 on a PPC live boot fails

I have an iBook g4, when booting the live cd KDE is unable to load giving the following error;

The following installation problem was detected while trying to start KDE:

$HOME directory (/home/ubuntu) is out of disk space.

KDE is unable to start.

The live CD then loads the KDM but without KDE there is no way to install.

Any advice on this would be great.

I will try the basic install from here but I wanted to get this information out in case anyone else has this problem. For the two ppc linux users out there anyway

*****UPDATE*****

After another reboot of the live cd, I was able to get the system to crash to a command line where the kernel paniced about the BCM firmware (Shocking -lol-)

From there I could startx and it loaded without error. After KDE starts, the mouse and keyboard do not seem to be working. Rather odd I can't do a 3 finger solute so it seems to be at a kernel level.

Not giving up yet, just waiting on the install download to finish but wanted to add the new results. I can't wait for the sexy looking desktop I have crashed on my screen to be working!

*****Again updated*****

After another reboot of the live cd;

RAMDISK: ran out of compressed data
    invalid compressed format (err=1)
    Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root FS on unknown-block(1,0)

Then it reboots minutes later.

I would love to track down the problem but I'm at a loss as to where to start with not error repeating.

The install cd is almost done downloading so I hope for better luck from it.

Thanks
    ~Demiurge

Working...
X