This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade

Will Edgy users be able to upgrade to Feisty when it reaches stable release without having to download, burn and install from an image? I would think it would be possible to do but will you make it possible to upgrade this way?

Thanks in advance.

A.

Re: Upgrade

Probably, but it's always safer to do upgrades via CD.
    In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Albion
      Will Edgy users be able to upgrade to Feisty when it reaches stable release without having to download, burn and install from an image?
      Maybe will be just a matter of changing the repositories names in /etc/resolv.conf.

Comment

I have already upgraded to to Feisty Fawn, & the only problem at present is the 2.6.20.* kernels! I always keep 1 version behind so I can boot if things turn to custard! To upgrade you need to edit your "sudo kedit /etc/apt/sources.list" & change the word edgy for fiesty then do a "sudo apt-get update" then "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" & if you are catholic say a couple of hail mary's lol

Cheers Cary
        The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Originally posted by caryb
          change the word edgy for fiesty
          The spelling in your apt sources file needs to be feisty not fiesty. I misspelled it and, of course, it didn't work very well.

Comment

Working...
          X