This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

partition not showing up during installation

When I begin installation, after live boot, when I get to the partitioning screen there are no partitions listed. I have an unformatted partition of about 9 gigs, but it is not showing up, the box is empty. I have been digging around the forums and other docs but haven't found an answer to this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: partition not showing up during installation

Not sure, exactly, why. Maybe because it’s unformatted?

Rx: Use GParted Live CD to format your hard drive.

(In fact, when you load up your Live Kubuntu install CD, before you click the Install icon, check to see if GParted is on it: K > System (or Utilities?) > GParted (or GNU Partition Editor). If not, get it: System > Adept Package Manager, Search: GParted. It will download into RAM (on the ram disk with your Live Kubuntu session). Then use GParted to do the partitioning/formatting: K > System > GParted; exit GParted, go back to the Desktop (Live Kubuntu), click Install icon, and proceed to install. Of course, afterwards, GParted will be gone – out of RAM along with the Live Kubuntu session.)

GParted: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

For some reason it is not taking my network settings during live boot. When i use ifconfig/route commands I can get online though. But that doesn't help me resolve dns. My resolve.conf file looks good, but it looks good in Network Settings window. Is there a command to Kubuntu to use a name server w/o using resolve.conf?

Comment

Sorry, we must now wait for someone who might have some ideas on that. Hopefully this bump will attract some attention!
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X