X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows permissions?

Hello,
    I have had two partitions (C and D disks) on WinXP.
    Yesterday i had installed Kubuntu 7.04 and then i had formatted C: partition.
    Everything is working. But files witch were in D partition cant be deleted or renamed.
    I tried to change permissions with root account but i got error:

So how can i delete or rename that files? Is it only way to format that D partition?

Re: Windows permissions?

Ahh, good old Krusader! I thought I was the only one ....

I think you might have better luck if you go up to the /media/that_device folder, and change the permissions there, and mark it to "include sudirectories".

Comment

Allredy tried and got error:

And after clicking "skip file" i got error written above.

Comment

Hmmmmm -- I can see that you have Krusader "Red" (root mode). But, in the error window it is naming a specific file, down the tree from /media some distance.

I'm saying you should highlight /media/hda5 and then change the permissions on that directory, and indicate "all subdirectories".

Comment

This is a NTFS partition. Read only unless you have install ntfs-3g to enable write mode.
          ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Well, duhhhh! Eriefisher you are, of course, quite correct. OP can only copy those files over to the Linux side, if you want to do anything with them. Or else install the ntfs-3g package.

Comment

cool. Thanks a lot.
              I typed ntfs3g-config in command line and enabled write support and i can do anything to that files.

Thanks again. Keep up good working

Comment

Working...
              X