This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login for Live CD?

I recently downloaded the image files for Kubuntu 7.04 Desktop and burned them to a CD. I booted from the CD then and was able to get into KDE, although when it loaded KDE I realized I had forgot to partition my drive first (SAMSUNG HM160JI ATA Device). I rebooted into Windows, expanded my unallocated space to 20 GB, and then tried to boot again from CD.
    It went almost perfectly fine until it came to the point where it should have loaded KDE. Instead of going straight to the desktop environment, it gave me the login screen. Of course, it was kind of tough to login when I never even installed Kubuntu or was asked to create a profile, especially when I was running it from the live CD.
    I have tried over and over again but when I reboot from the CD it always just gives me the login screen, and I can't get to the installation file. I have tried defragmenting my hard disk, but that didn't help. (Was advised to do that somewhere else)

This isn't the first Linux distro I have had on my computer. A long time ago, I actually had the 6.05 version of Kubuntu, which I later removed and replaced with openSUSE, which I just recently removed as well and am trying to go back to Kubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I don't know if this matters either but I used a read-write CD. I don't know if somehow the original boot happened to modify the CD somehow and now it is broken.

Edit 2: The CD isn't screwed up, I just tried it out on my other computer and I can keep on rebooting from it without any issues.
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!
Working...
X