This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE beta 1 (question about kdm)

I have managed to get the beta 1 of kde 4 running, but maybe I am a bit picky and want to get it running as a full sesson, but I am having trouble with the instruction here.
    http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde4-beta1.php

mayb eis that english is not my first language, but I can't figure this part out
    put the three export lines at the top of /usr/lib/kde4/bin/startkde and start a new session in KDM with KDE 4.

what three esport lines and where in tope of the #!/bin/sh line. I don;t think that is a good idea

Re: KDE beta 1 (question about kdm)

Well if you got it working, fantastic. But, KDE 4, in its current form, is still "FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY" The official release date is scheduled for October this year. Until then, anyone using these early betas are probably going to run into problems.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: KDE beta 1 (question about kdm)

Originally posted by tikal26
      mayb eis that english is not my first language, but I can't figure this part out
      put the three export lines at the top of /usr/lib/kde4/bin/startkde and start a new session in KDM with KDE 4.

what three esport lines and where in tope of the #!/bin/sh line. I don;t think that is a good idea
      It means the four export lines mentioned on the page...and yes they should be placed below #!/bin/sh

Nevertheless, I was unable to run a full kde4 session this way (it hangs with several errors). I haven't had time to tinker with it as I'm not planning on running kde4 yet, I installed the alpha/beta to monitor the progress of a few applications like dolphin (which I'm trying hard to like...so far with a varying degree of success) :P

Comment

Working...
      X