Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LiveCD Kubuntu 7.04 stops booting after step "Starting Advanced Power Management

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LiveCD Kubuntu 7.04 stops booting after step "Starting Advanced Power Management

Hello,

I want to try Kubuntu 7.04 on an old Pentium MMX CPU, with 262 Mb of memory. The LiveCD that I use starts correctly on my Pentium 4, with 1 Gb of memory. On the old Pentium MMX CPU I can run correctly a LiveCD of Puppy 2.16
    The problem that I have is that the LiveCD with Kubuntu 7.04 start booting, load the kernel, displays a lot of steps taken with an oke flag, but stops after the step "Starting Advanced Power Management Deamon". The CD-Drive is constantly reading the LiveCD but after more than a hour no progress with a completed next step. So I powered the CPU down.

Is there a way to see what the problem is?

Have somebody experienced the same problem and what was the solution?

Regards, Frans

Re: LiveCD Kubuntu 7.04 stops booting after step "Starting Advanced Power Management

First option is to check your computers BIOS settings for Advance Power Management, and if a setting exists, turn it off.

If that isn't an option within your BIOS, then you can opt to add a command line argument to the LiveCD boot sequence, and add acpi=off before booting.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: LiveCD Kubuntu 7.04 stops booting after step "Starting Advanced Power Manage

In addition to that, I'd recommend to make use of a distribution suiting legacy hardware better than "default" (K)Ubuntu, for example: Xubuntu (to stay with the family) or even Puppy Linux (nomen est omen ).

Comment

Working...
      X