X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dead after hibernate

Hi,

I am running Kubuntu Fiesty with the NVIDIA driver and BERYL. Suspend has been working without a problem since I set up the computer when Kubuntu was released. I decided to hibernate the computer today. When I started it again it froze during boot. I started it using the recovery mode. It reached the prompt. I assumed the hibernate on the swap was corrupted, so I used mkswap, changed the UUID in fstab, checked everything, and rebooted.

It still won't boot. It gets as far as saying

Starting K Display Manger: kdm.
    *Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local) [OK].

After this the computer gets stuck for a long while, then it drops back to the prompt.

Can anybody help?

*update*
    I changed the xorg.conf use "nv" instead of "nvidia" and it works. It refuses to work with the "nvidia" driver. The Kubuntu bootup screen comes up, the slider goes all the way to the right, the screen goes blank, then the Kubuntu boot screen comes up except this time the slider is empty.

Any ideas?

*update 2*

Turns out the external power connector to the video card had somehow become loose. There was an error explicitly stating this in the X.org log. I have absolutely no idea how it because loose, especially right after the first time I've ever tried to hibernate the computer.

Everything is working well now.

Re: dead after hibernate

you mean you can hibernate with the nvidia driver?
    can you post your systems spec and kernel version, pls?
    thanks a bunch
    gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Working...
    X