X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grub+triple boot= ?

Quick question here.
    I'm currently running a dual boot (Kubuntu 7.04 and XP) on 2 drives.... XP is on hda1 and Kubuntu is on hdb1.
    So, since I barely use my XP install, I'm going to partition that drive and put ReactOS on the new partition on hda.
    Does anyone know if grub will see ReactOS, or will I have to tweak something? I've had grub for dual boot forever, but haven't tried it with 3+ OSes.

Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!
    <br />

Re: grub+triple boot= ?

You would do well to review the posts concerning Grub and multi boot setups from Qqmikes post:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081671.0
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: grub+triple boot= ?

I don’t know what bootloader ReactOS uses. Check your WIKI documentation on that or maybe some user forum? If it can use GRUB, then there’d be no problem. GRUB can handle many OSs at once. I have perhaps a dozen or so including Windows XP and various Linux OSs, all on two SATA hard drives. No problems at all.
      The How-To that Snowhog referenced will give you a sense for how GRUB works and how to set it up. (It’s very easy and cooperative!) Also, check the references there.

So see if ReactOS can use GRUB, and if so, study how GRUB boots OSs (learn about the boot entries in the file /boot/grub/menu.lst), try it, and post any questions here in this forum under Installation and Boot as you have done.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X