This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need lots of help.

Ok, when i try to install Feisty Fawn from a live cd it goes through so much and then gives me an error. my dad said the error had something to do with my broadcom and i dunno what to do. i really want to get this on my computer because i can't get the other one to let me use my wireless.
    and i can't do anything without wireless
    so, if you can help, please remember that i'm a very terrible newbie and don't really know anything, but i learn fast. it also said something about mem, i just don't remember exactly what it said.

Re: I need lots of help.

A good idea is to simply run the LiveCD (don't do an install) first, and ensure that you can get a running system going. This allows you to make sure that your hardware and video will be properly recognized and working. If you successfully get a desktop, then you can check to see if you are able to connect to the Internet with your wireless card. Keep a notebook handy, and record any errors reported, and/or actions you took to get things working.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog, could you please give us some more details on what the errors exactly said? Would make things easier to pin down the possible problem.

Comment

Gday, Azmo

Does the live CD work? If it doesn't, it may be that you have burnt it at too high a speed. You need to burn it at about 4X.

HTH

Lowey
        I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
        X