This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck At Login Screen

Grew up with unix and xwindows in the early 90's then entered corporate America. Beat unix out of me, DOS and windows in to me... but I'm back!

I installed XP and Kubuntu (dual boot) on a home built (brand new) system, fast, dual core, tons of memory, blah, blah. Did the suggested 63 or so upgrades. Still fine.

Then I went to add a second user for my wife. Went to "switch user" and the computer went to black screen. No response. Dead. Reboot brought me to the normal login but every time I went to sign on, it loops back to the login screen.

Several searches on this forum lead me to believe the user files were corrupt. Tried to go to recovery mode (no prob) but can't add a third user.

I'm sure the answer is simple for those veterans out there. Can anybody help this KDE noob?

Cheers.

Re: Stuck At Login Screen

After much searching and trying things like killing kdm, starting kde from the failsafe option I finally dropped back and punted. New install...and everything works again. For now.

For anyone looking at this post; I highly recommend one change at a time followed by a reboot (just to make sure it works). Keeping a pad of paper with the app you added or updated on it is handy too so you can uninstall the package using the command prompt and undo the mess.

Cheers!

Max

Comment

Working...
    X