This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send to

How does one change the default mail program when right clicking an item to send it via email. Currently evolution is my only choice.

Re: Send to

System settings>>Default applications
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Doesn't work too well.

I have Thunderbird setup that way as default mailer but right-clicking on a file and selecting actions/email file still results in kmail being launched. So irritating. I have gone so far as to try uninstalling kmail but it takes out a load of other programs including kontact which I need for korganiser.

Any clues anyone?

Ian

Comment

Yeah - I googled the problem (konqueror email file) and found a couple links

http://www.kde-forum.org/thread.php?threadid=14019
        This can be adapted to do what you need

and

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/down...?content=58155
        someone has apparently done it (I've nto tried)

Bottom line, this isn't a config item. Like windows, you put a couple files in the right place and they wind up on the sendto menu

\\uSlacker

'a turtle on the information highway since 1989'

Comment

Just to make it clear I'm talking, for example, right clicking on an item on my desktop to "send To"> I tried the change in system settings as well as the mailto script suggested. No change, still get evolution. This must be specified in a preference file or config file somewhere...

Comment

/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/email.desktop

Comment

contents of this file:

[Desktop Entry]
              Actions=Email
              Encoding=UTF-8
              ServiceTypes=allfiles

[Desktop Action Email]
              Name=Email File
              Exec=kmail --attach %f
              Icon=kmail

Tried to change the entries to thunderbird with no resulting change...

Comment

Have anyone tried, Kmenu --> System Settings --> Default Applications and put in their own?
                Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Working...
                X