X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem updating from Edgy to Fiesty

help me please!
    i am trying to upgrade from de Kubuntu 6.10 to the 7.04 but when i run the upgrade tool i get this error messages:

CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
    Failed to fetch cdrom:[Kubuntu 6.10 _Edgy Eft_ - Release amd64 (20061025.1)]/dists/edgy/restricted/binary-amd64/Packages.gz Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs

Re: problem updating from Edgy to Fiesty

If you're following the directions on the main Kubuntu page and have changed your sources.list as directed, you need to 'comment out' your sources.list lines that make reference to your CD ROM. To do this, go to Kmenu-->System-->Konsole. Type in
    Code:
    sudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list
    and press enter. Look for the lines that contain CD ROM in them and place a # in front of them. For example if the line says
    deb CD ROM archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
    (made that one up) adding the # would make it look like this
    #deb CD ROM archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
    Do note where the # mark goes. Save and close and try all over again.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Working...
    X