This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 7.04 x64 won't install

I recorded the disc correctly,checked it is fine.
    However............

When booting from cd and choosing install option or any other option screen dies on me.Sometimes i can see some red lines .I tried safe booting, changing resolutions only brought me Kubuntu logo and load bar that doesn't move.When it stops responding ,my dvd drive and hdd drive stops too.

I have Win Xp on hdd.
    I inserted another empty hdd and pulled out the one with Windows, and got same simptoms again.

I have 3.8x2 Amd
    Gigabyte m55s-s3
    7100gs microstar poor excuse for a card ..............
    ide hdd and ide dvd drive on same ide connector

What can i do?

Tried to install OpenSuse 10.2 same result.

If only Data were by my side

Help

Re: Kubuntu 7.04 x64 won't install

I managed to install DreamLinux 2.2 using safeboot.
    Still no luck wit Kubuntu.

Anybody please?

Comment

You could try the "Alternate Install" CD image -- it gives more options, including "text mode" for installation. Some graphics cards will run that better than "graphics mode".

Comment

i will definetely give it a go.
        Can yuo give me some link where ia see what commands to type i text mode,or samo walktrought-instruction?

Thanks for the input

Comment

The text install is a separate CD, called Alternate CD. Just go to http://kubuntu.org/download.php#latest and chose the location closest to you. Be sure to chose Alternate as the type you're looking for. Example, if you lived in the UK and chose a UK destination, you'd get something like this http://ubuntu-releases.datahop.it/kubuntu/feisty/ . You'll see the Alternate CD listed as an option, chose it.
          Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Working...
          X