This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob

Ello folks...I am a windows user that is going to try kubuntu. I Downloaded the iso file.....unzipped and attempted to follow the directions. I cant find an image file in the directories to burn. I burned the entire directory and attempted to boot...and no go.

this is going on a computer with no operating system. i want to boot and install to run only kununtu.

sorry for being such a noob...but i cant seem to find a download with just the image file or bin and cue. every download is a bunch or directories and files..using the free infrarecorder listed on the home page...thanks folks

Re: noob

The .iso file *is* the image file... tell your burning software to write the .iso (as an image, not as a file!) to disk.

Comment

my point is..there is no ISO file. It downloads are a RAR file and when extracted there are 15+ filed and folders. It appears that when unzipped..it is the actual install files..and not an iso image...I have downloaded all of links on the site..and everyone comes the same way..multiple files and not just one image file

Comment

[quote=olds442man]
        I have downloaded all of ]

What site

Comment

Are you sure?.

Maybe you just have iso files associated with WinRar in windows?

Have you tried to burn the downloaded file as an image anyway?

Javier.

Comment

Working...
          X