This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror won't load web pages

Yesterday I ran Feisty as a 'live" CD to check it out prior to installing as a dual boot with XP. The internet connection wizard promptly found my external serial port modem and I was able to log on to my ISP in minutes. So far so good. However Konqueror simply would not load web pages. I decided to restart, remove the CD and return to Windows only to find that neither Firefox or IE7 would load web pages. Eventually I had to restore a previous system image using Acronis True Image to resolve the problem,a tedious process. Does anyone know the likely reason that all three browsers would not download, especially across operating systems? I was under the impression that a live CD could not impact your system. I'm very wary of trying to connect to the internet with Kubuntu again only to go through a repeat. Thanks for any help.

Re: Konqueror won't load web pages

The live CD should not have affected any Windows install. I've never had that happened. Is it possible that at that point in time your ISP was having trouble? Hard to say. I really don't think that the Live CD created your problem on the Windows install. It could be how Kubuntu logged into your ISP and that caused problems on the ISP side once you went back to Windows. That is a possibility. It really is kind of hard to say. I know this rambles and doesn't help resolve the problem, I just don't think the Lie CD caused any problems.

Comment

Re: Konqueror won't load web pages

Originally posted by socalguy
      Does anyone know the likely reason that all three browsers would not download, especially across operating systems?
      Ask your ISP - I bet your attempts have been logged

Comment

Working...
      X