This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer 1640 install failure

After success with my home desktop and kubuntu 7.04 I thought I would replace my other PCBSD on an Acer 1640. The machine is dual boot with xp so I used the alt install cd (which worked fine with my desktop).

The install proceeded normally and detected the Realtek wireless card which PCBSD had trouble with. However, the install hung during the software selection and install phase (85% just after the common java component of openoffice was installed).

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong? Luckily the hang was before the grub finalization so my existing windows xp can boot so I can always go back to using PCBSD.

I noticed that the network setup wanted a wep passphrase, but my wifi is wpa; does ubuntu work with wpa wifi?

Re: acer 1640 install failure

After using another CD I managed to get the install on this machine to complete. Is it not possible for the install cd driver to report an error when the install fails?

With the original CD I ran the check and got no problems, but the install failed consistently at one point 95% through the Select and install phase.

Comment

Working...
    X