• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn Install

My Computer:
    HP Pavillion dv6105us
    Trying To Install:
    kubuntu feisty fawn 7.04

It boots to live cd fine the video is perfect installs op with only one hitch @ the end
    When it says you must reboot your system now or continue with live cd, i click reboot, it begins to

terminate applications, ejects cd, and states press enter to continue
    when i press enter it hangs and does nothing, so i force a power cycle to restart the computer.
    Then it boots grub and displays a loading splash screen, and when it comes to the point where a log in

screen should be it shows me a blank screen and hangs.

I am trying to learn linix and I know everyone has already heard this before but I am wet behind the ears

when it comes to utilizing alternative operating systems such as this. Any help with this issue would be

most appreciated!

Re: Help Needed: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn Install

Originally posted by TwoEdgeXtreme
    My Computer:
    HP Pavillion dv6105us
    Trying To Install:
    kubuntu feisty fawn 7.04

It boots to live cd fine the video is perfect installs op with only one hitch @ the end
    When it says you must reboot your system now or continue with live cd, i click reboot, it begins to

terminate applications, ejects cd, and states press enter to continue
    when i press enter it hangs and does nothing, so i force a power cycle to restart the computer.
    Then it boots grub and displays a loading splash screen, and when it comes to the point where a log in

screen should be it shows me a blank screen and hangs.

I am trying to learn linix and I know everyone has already heard this before but I am wet behind the ears

when it comes to utilizing alternative operating systems such as this. Any help with this issue would be

most appreciated!
    I had an issue with my PC and 6.10, where whenever it booted the login screen would not accept some inputs from certain keyboard keys, and would repeatedly enter endlessly with others with a single press.

I could do a "restart X server" (I think that's the menu option) and it would fix everything.

I can't help you with the technical cause, but you might try that to get you into Kubuntu so that you can troubleshoot it from inside..

Comment

Re: Help Needed: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn Install

what video card came with your laptop?
      I like KDE. My only gtk apps are beryl/emerald.

Comment

Working...
      X