This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows repartition problem

i previously had a dualboot with windows xp and kubuntu edgy. because of windows problems, i had to restore and just wiped the drive to do a clean install with feisty too.
    After installing windows, i went to repartition the drive, but i can't resize the ntfs c partition of windows. i used the same method that i used for the previous install, which was identical, but i can't shrink the c drive. i've tried kubuntu's own partitioner and gparted, which previously had not problems, but for some reason i'm getting an error. my drive is partitioned as 48gb windows ntfs, 7gb unallocated space where a recovery partition for windows was. please help me shrink my c drive. fortunately i have a mac and no longer have to deal with windows at all except for games.

Tom

Re: windows repartition problem

I would have thought that gparted (the live cd version) would have sorted it out.

What error message are you getting?

Ian

Comment

there's now a warning sign next to the partition, and it lists missing sectors and extra sectors and says there's a total of 116 problems. It told me to run chkdsk /f which i'm doing now and restart twice. it takes a while though so i'll post the results

Tom

Comment

chkdsk fixed it- idk why i didn't see that message earlier

thanks anyway though,

Tom

Comment

Glad it worked and that the system told you how to sort it!

ian

Comment

Working...
          X