This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Ensure that Kubuntu will Istall in the Correct Partitioned Drive

I want to install Kubuntu 7.04 from the live CD onto a hard drive currently partitioned for Windows XP and Mandrake. How do I ensure that Kubuntu will not install on top of the Windows drive? Even if I move or delete some of the partitions on the Linux portion of the hard drive, I'm unsure as to where Kubuntu will install.

All (or almost all) comments will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: How Do I Ensure that Kubuntu will Istall in the Correct Partitioned Drive

Originally posted by tlinux

All (or almost all) comments will be appreciated.
    OK, I'll try to make some "appreciable" comments ...

1. Back up all your valuable stuff, regardless of bold claims of foolproof techniques.
    2. Use the "Alternate" installation CD, which gives you more choices and control of the process.
    3. Use the "manual" partitioning option, and you will be invited to pick which partition is used for the purpose of installing Kubuntu.
    4. If you pick a partition that isn't your Win XP partition, into which your Kubuntu OS is to be installed, then that's where it will go.
    5. Don't omit #1 -- you'll sleep far better!

8)

Comment

Re: How Do I Ensure that Kubuntu will Istall in the Correct Partitioned Drive

I would add to the suggestions that you make a note of what your partitioning set up is and what they are formatted as first. This will make it easier to pick which ones you want to keep or change. You will need to read everything on the screen as you go. Dont presume anything and think as you go.

Comment

Working...
      X