X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to upgrade from edgy to fiesty

hi

what are the steps that I should take to upgrade from edgy to fiesty?

chiman

Re: how to upgrade from edgy to fiesty

You will find some quite useful advice, and my experiences, in this thread. If you can't say anyhing more about what you want to do more in detail, stick to the advice and use the upgrade wizard, don't do as I did unless you really want to :P

Comment

I want a really simple and painless way to upgrade.
      wizard etc, most of the links talk about steps for ubuntu, i want them for kubuntu.
      I dont have access to internet, I just have the cd for fiesty, thats it.

now what do I do to upgrade?
      I am a non techie.

Chimanrao

Comment

If you go into System|Adept Manager, and Fetch Updates, it should offer you the upgrade. That is simple.

As for painless, I would suggest backing up your Kubuntu partition first. Some instructions at
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=13735.0

I say that because when I did an upgrade, I got some error about a Samba directory in the middle of it, which completely hosed my installation. Fortunately I had the partition backup to roll it back. Then I copied my /home folder, installed feisty from scratch, copied my old /home folder back, and installed my additional software in Adept. Sounds more complicated but really it is my preferred method of upgrading. I don't have a lot of faith in upgrades, even if they appear to work. Better to backup the home folder and do a fresh install.

Check out my blog for useful scripts and tips... http://igurublog.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
        X