This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Partitioning

I currently have a dual boot system with Windows and Mandrake on it. I want to change Mandrake to Kubuntu 7.04. I started to install with the live disk, but didn't know how to deal with the partitions. The partitions are actually OK as the are but I don't know how to get Kubuntu to overwrite Mandrake instead of Windows. I started to partition it manually and the map of the drive looked fine. sda5 is listed as a mount point, but if I try to proceed I keep getting the message that I need to specify a partition for the root file system. It doesn't tell me how to do that.

I'm lost at this point. All help will definitely be appreciated.

Re: Questions about Partitioning

If I remember correctly, it's as "easy" as manually entering a single slash ("/") in the field which is supposed to list the mount point dedicated to the partition in question (i.e. /dev/sda5), but,-due to some bugs, remains empty for starters.

Comment

Re: Questions about Partitioning

Originally posted by UnicornRider
      If I remember correctly, it's as "easy" as manually entering a single slash ("/") in the field which is supposed to list the mount point dedicated to the partition in question (i.e. /dev/sda5), but,-due to some bugs, remains empty for starters.
      Also using the manual partition option , it will show your Windows partition, you will want to click on your options and leave that partition blank. That way you will not be making a mistake and accidentally doing something to the Windows partition that you would regret.......

regards,
      obnascar

Comment

Working...
      X