Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu doesn't work in my HP Pavilion dv9205us -AMD64x2 with a Nvidia GeForce

Hi guys,

I am a new user of Linux. I installed in my desktop computer (HP Pavilion a810n - AMD64 with a Nvidia GeForce 6200 graphic card,) the Kubuntu Feisty Fawn without problems. However, I recently bought a laptop, HP Pavilion dv9205us -AMD64x2 with a Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 graphic card, and I could not install it.

What i did
    First I tried with the normal CD, but I never could enter to the graphic interface.
    Second I tried the alternate CD. I installed it, but after remove the CD and boot the system it freeze and never start. I tried to enter to the safe mode, and only some times I could access to the root, but once there I am not sure what to do (I have checked the CDs and these are Ok).

I found this bug report [/b]"HP Pavilion dv6103eu laptop - all Ubuntu versions gets frozen during X startup until I specify "noapic" boot option". I do not know what does "noapic" means.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s....20/+bug/89746

Somebody can help me with this?
    By the moment, I have installed Mandriva Spring One 2007 in my laptop and it works well, but I want to work with Kubuntu
    Is this a problem with my graphic card?

Re: Kubuntu doesn't work in my HP Pavilion dv9205us -AMD64x2 with a Nvidia GeFor

this sounds like maybe x isn't getting good info to bring it up on your laptop. I'm using an older HP laptop (32 bit cuz I don't see any need for 64 bit) with dapper, all works well except for input sound which is no longer a problem with feisty as far as I know.

Can you boot up then try CTRL+ALT+PG up(or PG dn) to change resolution modes? I've seen issues like this with knoppix and this has enabled me to use it at a lower res on some systems.

good luck to you!

--<br />wishing you well

Comment

Re: Kubuntu doesn't work in my HP Pavilion dv9205us -AMD64x2 with a Nvidia GeFor

Thank you for reply my question.
      However, I have tried that and it didn't work.

Comment

Here is what I found about using the noapic nolapic options:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=3000

I have an HP Pavilion dv6338us that uses it and the only issue that I run into is that it will stop recognizing USB ports.

Buran

Comment

Working...
        X