This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install hangs on Pavillion dv6325us

I created a free partition, downloaded and burner the 64-bit AMD Kubuntu 7, but it freezes during install while it's still probing the system... :P

Re: Install hangs on Pavillion dv6325us

Originally posted by PattiMichelle
    I created a free partition, downloaded and burner the 64-bit AMD Kubuntu 7, but it freezes during install while it's still probing the system... :P
    OK, I tried Ubuntu, SuSE, and Knoppix. Only Knoppix booted all the way. SuSE gets part way through the installer. These never freeze at the same place. Out of the 5 or 6 times I tried Ubuntu, it actually completed the boot process once. I guess this is a problem with my Pavillion dv6325us laptop... Anybody had a similar problem?

Comment

Make sure your modem is turned on. I had a similar issue and after turning on my modem the install continued. I use cable to connect to the Internet not sure how dial-up is effected.
      Just wanted to share my experience.
      As a newbie there is a great chance that I might be wrong with how I had solved my problem even though things appear stable to me.

Comment

I have an HP Pavilion dv6338se and when I installed Kubuntu, I had to update the boot screen (by pressing F6) to include noapic and nolapic in order to get things to work.

Buran

Comment

Working...
        X