X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie with installer crash

Hello,

I'm on a dell PC with 2 256kb discs that windows XP interprets as 1 C drive and a smaller D drive which has crashed on an attempted install of feisty kubuntu from live CD downloaded from the official website as an iso.

I had got to the end of the 6 part install package when it picked up an additional external hard drive that I have attached for data backup purposes.  An error message showed up and it shut down.

Now when I go through the install system, it no longer gives me the guided and shrink partition, it only asks me which of the 2 discs attached do I want to 'use entire disk' or manual.  I'm no longer given the option that I want of shrinking the windows partition down so I can run it as dual boot - which is essential to me.

As I entrusted that this install would be simple I haven't kept detailed notes of what's been happening, as I didn't expect a crash.

Detailed step 4 is:
    Guided use entire disk
    []SCSI1 (0,0,0) (sda) - 250GB ATA SAMSUNG SP2504C
    []SCSI3  (0,0,0) (sda) - 250GB ATA SAMSUNG SP2504C
    []Manual

Thankfully, when I boot without the live CD, Windows XP appears to be running without any data loss; if that means anything.

Help please!
Working...
X