Good morning,

Hp Desktop a1020n
    1.5gb ram
    dvd-rw
    cd-rom
    wireless keyboard/mouse
    linksys wireless USB

I can get other info if needed.

Anyway to the point: Finally got the Feisty release installed from the alt cd. Try to boot and it locks up on the load screen about 1/10ish of the way through the bar. Load under the recovery option, everything looks ok until this with each of the items having numbers and something like this in front [<c02eeb4c>], also numbers and letters after each:

"
    do_notify_resume
    seq_read
    do_page_fault
    seq_read
    do_page_fault
    work_notifysig
    ========================
    "

The ========= is the last thing and one blank line with a blinky cursor. The HD stops running like it did and it seems to have stopped responding. I really don't know what to do at this point and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

Re: Feisty locks up on boot

Well, I've fixed that problem, but another shows up. This was a result of my Nvidia card that I didn't mention. Disabled it and used the onboard graphics: Boots up through the loading screen all the way. After that it goes to what looks like a terminal with no title thing, just a blinky _ that I can type at, though nothing happens no matter what I type. If I boot recovery, it goes to an actual terminal that I can do stuff at, though I don't know what stuff I can do there.

I am stuck again and hope someone has something I can try.

Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

Working...
    X