Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The program 'apt-get' is currently not installed....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The program 'apt-get' is currently not installed....

Hi, i'm a french Québécois from Canada. I'm using Kubuntu for a couple of month and i have 2 problem:
    First one:

I always have, when i boot : found pci bug #81[49435000] since i use edgy and the problem remain with Feisty Fawn
    I have a laptop HP DV9205CA !!!!

The other problem in Feisty, the laptop boot in graphic mode, it switch to text mode and said: "The program 'apt-get' is currently not installed" He said use apt-get install apt!!!!!!!!!!! But that doesn't work!!!!! I do ctr-alt-delete and the laptop continue booting in graphic mode!!!!!!!

For the first problem i posted to bug report and they said i'm not in the ringht place to report that bug!!!!!!!!

Someboby can help me

Re: The program 'apt-get' is currently not installed....

This sounds to me as though your root partition isn't being seen and read properly when the system boots.

This could be caused by a couple of things. For example, when you installed, did you set up the installation for different partitions? If so, you have to make sure the partition you installed the system on is properly mounted.

Also, something may have happened to GRUB during the install, and it may be trying to read the wrong root partition.

If you were to boot to the LiveCD, then mount all your existing partitions from a terminal, you'd be able to see if apt-get really is installed.

Where did you post the bug report? Did you go to www.kubuntu.org, and follow the links?
    Joe<br />in Florida

Comment

Re: The program 'apt-get' is currently not installed....

demetan, you can safely ignore the PCI bug -- I assume this appears at the top of your boot screen, every time? I think everyone who has a PCI slot in his PC, including me, sees this bug at bootup.

joe.a is correct -- your Grub boot menu contains a partition entry that is not a match to your /etc/fstab file. If you will review these two files side by side, you will find that there is one partition (or more) in the Grub menu that is not the same as the fstab. Here are the two files to compare:

/boot/grub/menu.lst
      /etc/fstab

I will leave it for your research project to decide which file is correct ....

Then you must edit the other one so they are a good match.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
      X