X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edgy to feisty upgrade without network access

hey,

i want to upgrade my edge install to feisty, however i don't have network access.

i downloaded the alternative cdrom, which said could be used to perform the upgrade without network access, but i can't figure out how to work it.

running the cdromupgrade shell script requires gksu which i don't have... is this wrong anyway?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    jon

Re: edgy to feisty upgrade without network access

Did you actually boot to the CD after your burned the ISO image to a blank media?
    Joe<br />in Florida

Comment

Have you tried to install gksu (graphical frontend to su).

From Upgrading to Ubuntu 7.04 (http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading)
      If the upgrade dialog is not displayed for any reason, you may also run the following command using Alt+F2:

gksu "sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade"

Note that for Kubuntu the upgrade dialogue will not be displayed and you will need to install gksu before running the above command (it will not work with kdesu).
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I haven't tried installing gksu, no.

Taken a quick look at it appears that there are a lot of other required packages, and without being able to use apt-get install on my Kubuntu box (no Internet) i'm going to have to download each of these seperately... is there an easier way to install gksu and all of it's dependancies without network access?

Also, is it ok to upgrade off the Feisty cdrom if my system is not 100% up to date? If there's any potential for the upgrade going wrong then I'd rather wait and do a clean install in the future.

Thanks

Comment

Install gksu does not solve the problem.
          See: Upgrading using the DVD at http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3082293.0

Comment

Working...
          X