X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell D600 - Invalid Compressed Format

Hi all.

First post here after converting Ubuntu -> Kubuntu. Previous versions of Ubuntu have worked fine.

Just tried running the Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty CD. It boots okay but when I try and run the Live CD (first menu option) casper seems to load and the kernel loads then I get the error:

Invalid compressed format (err=2)
    -- System halted.

And the system freezes. I have run the CD through Parallels and it installs fine. Also downloaded a second copy and that does exactly the same. As a last resort I rolled back through BIOS versions - started on A16 (latest) and tried A15, A14, A13 and A12. All have the same error

Any ideas on how to get the thing started? I was so excited about running this!

Re: Dell D600 - Invalid Compressed Format

I have an old ibm thinkpad 600E [pentium II, 366] I was trying this on, just for fun, and got the same error.

Gets to the boot screen, select either live start, or even "check cd for errors" and as soon as the kernel gets to a certain point it crashes with "invalid compressed format (err=2) --system halted".

I booted on my other system and did the cd check - which passed, and also booted into the live cd, which worked flawlessly.

Comment

Re: Dell D600 - Invalid Compressed Format

did you ever get a solution to this? it's really bugging me

Comment

Working...
      X