This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade tool failed

I tried to use the distribution upgrade tool to upgrade to feisty. It downloaded all the packages and then half way thru installing them it errored out giving me some failure installing debconf or something to that effect.

The repositories are all feisty now. Should I change them back? I assume if I installed the updates thru there now I would get all hosed up.

Any help would be great.

Re: upgrade tool failed

It is best to "sudo dpkg --configure -a"in Konsole. It will save you. Do this several times to make sure complete. Hopefully you haven't tried to reboot .

Comment

I actually have rebooted, and every thing seems fine. I have a new error that pops up(see attached pic). But other than that it works fine.
      Attached Files

Comment

"Signal 11" is not a good one ...

Since you've got a functioning system, here is a series of console commands that seems (to this noob) to keep things from getting too messed up, if you use it periodically:

Code:
        sudo dpkg --configure -a
        Code:
        sudo apt-get autoremove
        Code:
        sudo apt-get autoclean
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install

Comment

That should help clear it up.

Comment

So do I change the repo's back to edgy?

Comment

Ummmm -- it's hard to tell from here which kernel is booting on your system, but here's the rule for your repos:

If you're going to run Edgy, run only the Edgy repos. If you're running Feisty, use only the Feisty repos. You don't want mix 'n match repos!

:P

Comment

Is there any way to check which kernel I'm running?

Comment

at boot you should see the GRUB menu. If not, before the count reaches 0, press ESC. That there will list any kernels that is present on your system, unless that was manually edited. You can also check by looking at the menu.lst file. That is what GRUB uses to create the menu and to boot linux (or other OSs).

Comment

Okay, I am running 2.17.11 (Edgy) and my sources.lst has edgy as the repos. My only problem is that the update notifier says there are 1017 updated packages available. Should I update them?

Comment

Working...
                    X