This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password Problems

I installed 7.04 yesterday and everything went fine. I reboot, eject the cd and all, then I get back to the login screen and it doesnt take my password. I tried several times and it kept saying wrong password. I use the password for everything and just knew it couldnt have been wrong. But, without fighting too much, I immediately just reinstalled Kubuntu again just assuming there was a typo when I made up my password. I reboot and eject the cd again, this time I was able to log into my username just fine, I even rebooted once and it still worked fine. I was mucking around my xorg to get direct rendering and when I rebooted it brought me to a terminal login. This is no problem, I know what I need to change in the xorg to fix it, but the problem is now I cannot log into the terminal. I am typing my user name and password exactly as I have been doing forever. Ive typed it slow, one letter at a time to make sure Im not making a mistake, but it is not letting me in. Is this a bug perhaps? Should I reinstall?

Re: Password Problems

update

I booted to the live cd, mounted my install and then changed my password that way. by change it, I took the capital letters out and replaced them with numbers. when i rebooted, i could log into the terminal just fine. I guess it didnt like my capital letters.

Comment

Working...
    X