This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflicts upgrading..

So, noticed the upgrade button yesterday morning, wasnt very sure if i wanted to do it or not (considering i had to reinstall my ubuntu after my last upgrade 6.06->6.10), but decided to give it a go.

.. and errors. and after a while when installing packages that adapt manager closes.
    tried to do via terminal instead, there i get conflicts in packages.

Code:
    The following packages will be upgraded:
     nvidia-glx nvidia-glx-dev
    2 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B/4847kB of archives.
    After unpacking 73.7kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
    (Reading database ... 127798 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace nvidia-glx-dev 1.0.9755 (using .../nvidia-glx-dev_1%3a1.0.9631+2.6.20.5-15.20_i386.deb) ...
    dpkg-divert: `diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so to /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx-dev' clashes with `diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so to /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx'
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-glx-dev_1%3a1.0.9631+2.6.20.5-15.20_i386.deb (--unpack):
     subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 2
    dpkg: regarding .../nvidia-glx_1%3a1.0.9631+2.6.20.5-15.20_i386.deb containing nvidia-glx:
     nvidia-glx-dev conflicts with nvidia-glx (>= 1.0.9756)
     nvidia-glx (version 1:1.0.9631+2.6.20.5-15.20) is to be installed.
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-glx_1%3a1.0.9631+2.6.20.5-15.20_i386.deb (--unpack):
     conflicting packages - not installing nvidia-glx
    dpkg: regarding .../libgl1-mesa-dev_6.5.2-3ubuntu7_all.deb containing libgl1-mesa-dev:
     libgl1-mesa-dev conflicts with libgl-dev
     nvidia-glx-dev provides libgl-dev and is installed.
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dev_6.5.2-3ubuntu7_all.deb (--unpack):
     conflicting packages - not installing libgl1-mesa-dev
    dpkg: regarding .../mesa-common-dev_6.5.2-3ubuntu7_all.deb containing mesa-common-dev:
     nvidia-glx-dev conflicts with mesa-common-dev
     mesa-common-dev (version 6.5.2-3ubuntu7) is to be installed.
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mesa-common-dev_6.5.2-3ubuntu7_all.deb (--unpack):
     conflicting packages - not installing mesa-common-dev
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-glx-dev_1%3a1.0.9631+2.6.20.5-15.20_i386.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-glx_1%3a1.0.9631+2.6.20.5-15.20_i386.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dev_6.5.2-3ubuntu7_all.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mesa-common-dev_6.5.2-3ubuntu7_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    should i just remove those libgl-dev etc, and try again, or what do you suggest?

Re: Conflicts upgrading..

Originally posted by ge5239
    So, noticed the upgrade button yesterday morning, wasnt very sure if i wanted to do it or not (considering i had to reinstall my ubuntu after my last upgrade 6.06->6.10), but decided to give it a go.

.. and errors. and after a while when installing packages that adapt manager closes.
    tried to do via terminal instead, there i get conflicts in packages.
    Same here. I did my usual thing; fired off a couple of angry posts once I realised I was too stupid to track the problem down, tried to prove Google was my friend, but it wasn't, then gave up, restored the edgy backup image and said "stuff it, life's too short"

Comment

Re: Conflicts upgrading..

well..
      im still young, but heard alot of people now that had problems in general with the upgrade, sad to hear :/

Comment

Working...
      X