This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless

Hello guys, I am planning to install feisty and after running it from the cd, I realize that feisty did not come with a wireless GUI. How can I get my wireless card to work?

Please let me know.
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Re: wireless

Two things -
    1. When in the Live CD, did the wireless card work?
    2. If not then you might need to use ndiswrapper to use a Window$ driver.

Comment

I got it to work. It seems this was a new way to get the wireless working.

Kudos to you, thank you for responding this fast.

pookito

Comment

That's great!! Have fun!!

Comment

I am use to the wireless on windows, now I need to learn how it works on linux. But you can bet that I will have plenty of fun. by the way, do you know how to turn on the 3d effect on Kubuntu? if you do, please let me know.

Comment

Go to Adpet Manager. Filter with the word BERYL. Choose to install beryl and also choose aquamarine and beryl-manager. That will get the core components for beryl which is the 3d portion. Once installed, go to the kmenu --> System and run Beryl Manager. From the "Red Diamond" in the Task menu, right click on it, choose the option Select Window Manager and choose Beryl. If all is well, it will run.

Comment

Dude, you are great. I am having so much fun with beryl. I know is not completely stable but it works fine for my sessions. One more thing, I am having problem with my resolution. I have an acer aspire 1640 which has a resolution of 1280 800 or something like that. you do not happen to know how to fix it, do you. I am going to make a search on the net, if I can not find the answer can you give it to me? please.

pookito

Comment

As it turns out that is what I have. Acer Aspire 3618. I have it at that resolution and it doesn't seem all that bad to me. What is it doing on yours?

By the way, how's the battery life on yours?

Comment

well right now feisty has my resolutions at 1024x768. It does not look bad on mine but my monitor is capable of much more I would say 1280x800. when I boot up in windows it looks better. I was doing some research about how to change my resolution to the highest posible in the following webpage: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fi...0ed7a1276aa634 and it seems that my problem is the HorizSync and my VertRefresh values. I tried looking in the on the manual, the windows summary of devices and google. I had no lock so far. I thought maybe you could give me a hand. If you know can you give me a hand?

By the way, the battery live sucked on the last version of Kubuntu, I have not tested it on feisty.

Comment

I'm not at my Acer Machine right now. This evening I'll post my xorg.conf file for you. Since they are relatively the same model, it might help.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

My guess is you've got an intel 915/945 GM Graphics Card. If that's the case you need the package 915 resolution (available from the repositories via adept). Install it and reboot. That should fix it for you.

Ian

Comment

My brother, I am going to write this once, so read it well. Booya, you rock.

pookito.

Comment

See that some one beat me to the punch. Although I do not have that installed on my system. Oh well, glad you're up and running.

Comment

Glad it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X