This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isapnp checksum errors when booting

Please help me with this error, I don't know what to do about it.
    I have searched the Kubuntu forums and found no promising information for this.

Downloaded kubuntu-7.04-desktop-i386.iso yesterday. I intend to install Feisty Fawn on Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 (6.0.142.0). I've been running Edgy on Virtual PC 2007 for about a month, with no show-stopping problems.

After creating the virtual machine, capturing the iso, and starting the virtual machine, I get the visually pleasing boot menu. I choose "Start or install Kubuntu", and get the "Loading Linux Kernel" message. Then the screen goes black for a moment, and two error lines appear:

[ 20.800615] isapnp: checksum for device 1 is not valid (0x89)
    [ 20.808457] isapnp: checksum for device 2 is not valid (0xbe)
    Loading, please wait...

Then Kubuntu proceeds to boot as normal to the desktop. The two numeric codes in square brackets seem to change every time I reboot.

The desktop graphics are trashed because, of course, Microsoft Virtual PC doesn't properly support the 24-bit color mode that so many Linux distros use by default. I'll work on getting around this problem later, since it's become familiar to me from previous installs.

TIA
    Welcome newbies!
    Verify the ISO
    Kubuntu's documentation

Re: isapnp checksum errors when booting

I'm also trying to install 7.04 into Virtual PC 2007, and getting the same checksum errors (more like warnings), but once the "Loading, please wait..." pops-up, it just sits there using about 50% of my CPU time (spread across both cores of my AMD64 X2). I'm running the Virtual PC as 512MB RAM, 20GB hard drive space from the iso. Since I have a WinXP 32-bit Pro installed (SP2B), I'm trying the 32-bit Kubuntu. It's been about an hour or so of run-time, and I don't think it's going anywhere. Does anyone know what's wrong? Or what to do? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X