Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network Settings Problem with domain name.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Settings Problem with domain name.

Hi!
    At work my laptop's ethernet MAC address is registered, so that I get a connection via DHCP. Everything is set up fine, but for joining the domain shared folders I need to set my domain name (I think?) to the domain this laptop should be in (as it's setup in Windows XP). (Or is it enough to set it in smb4k?)
    When I try to change this setting via the System Settings -> Network Settings Dialogue, I change to administrator mode, give my passwd, everything is fine, I then change the domain name from nothing to my_domain (while the DHCP connection is active, as I'm online right now), but when I want to apply this change, an error message appears, that the current address for the default gateway is invalid. I then checked it, it's set to 0.0.0.0.
    Unfortunately i don't know how it's supposed to be, using only DHCP at work and at home, what should be in the default gateway? Is it not set automatically anyway at every new DHCP connection? But how then can I save my domain name?

Otherwise the Feisty looks great! Suspend works out of the box (but it should be advertised MUCH bigger, that one needs a big swap partition for it if one has a lot of RAM, it's somehow hard to get that from available documentation (or i looked at the wrong ones..)
    Thanks for this new update of my favourite distribution!!
    maye
Working...
X