This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Distribution Upgrade Tool

Here is my update. A full upgrade with Adept would not work either. After many minutes of running, it would popo up an error message (some broken packages) and refuse to install. RE trying wouldn't help.

I then tried upgrading all packages with Synaptic. That worked/ Athough:

1) you need to be around all the time because it asks you what to do with old configs files.

2) initramfs' were generated a lot, and I mean a lot of times, the installation was _really_ slow

3) Because of the broken package (I think the problem was libnotify, maybe some other packates too), i had to repeat the procedure (the second pass took a long time as well)

All in all, not a very good experience. A lot better than windows, or installing fresh IMHO. BUt we can do a lot better

On the bright side, everything seems to be running just fine.

Thank you all for the help, particularly MoonRise and Dibl. Kudos to you

Cheers !

Comment

Re: Distribution Upgrade Tool

Originally posted by MoonRise
      re-run "sudo dpkg --configure -a".
      Well I've had success but not using any tool of sorts. After running --configure -a, and the install -f and then apt-get update, I ran apt-get dist-upgrade. Lo and behold it began a huge download with some errors at the end. However, I let it run the install and when that was finished, ran apt-get dist-upgrade again to try and pick up the leftovers. The required download was much less. Had to run it a third time but at the end I had 0 updates to do and lsb_release -a command shows 7.1 Feisty. System working well so far (only one day). So I'm doing the same on my other box without even attempting the Kubuntu upgrade wizard tool. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X