This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirrors cracked???

I went to the library today to connect to broadband and download the new Feisty.
    (Yeah I have Dial-up ----- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

I spent 90 minutes trying every single North American mirror site, and got estimated times ranging from 6 hours to 39 hours. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed "mirror overload"?

DWU

Re: Mirrors cracked

Ummmmmm ... probably I was naive and failed to check the estimate. I'm in Ohio -- I'm presently downloading the CD ISO from here:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/7.04/

It's been downloading for about an hour, and shows 18 minutes to go.

BUT, it is a broadband connection. If you're using dialup, errrr, see you tomorrow! :P

Comment

Mine took a while and even adding some VPN plugins went slow, so my guess is people are chomping at the bit for Feisty!!

Comment

I guess my original message is ambiguous.

I meant that the broadband connection "File Save" window was showing those long wait times!

Sheesh! I wouldn't even think of trying analog - purchasing a CD delivered by pack mule would be faster...

Will try again tomorrow, and will attempt to connect through your supplied link.

Thnx

p.s. I wonder .... in my post about Feisty TWISTB, I predicted vast increase in popularity with this version due to flux in the DOZE world caused by Blindfold (er, I mean Vista), Windows Disingenuous Advantage, and the high cost of new software plus stringent hardware requirements. I wonder...

Comment

Things that make you go Hmmmm.....

Comment

Working...
          X